Creating an Effective Winter Maintenance Plan for Gritting and Snow Clearance.
It’s about that time of year when facilities managers and business owners across the UK conduct multiple conversations about seeking a new winter maintenance contractor.
Then as the warmer weather arrives, the discussion becomes a distant memory and before you know it… winter has come around again, and you’re stuck with either a substandard winter maintenance service provider, or you (and several hundred businesses) have completely forgotten and are trying desperately to find one who can support you.
So, this year get ahead of everyone else and start planning now. Need some convincing evidence? See our top three tips for creating an effective winter maintenance plan below:
1. REMEMBER THE 5 P’s AND PLAN YOUR WINTER MAINTENANCE.
We recently released a blog on the benefits of planning for winter as we feel passionate about it; it is always our number one tip when speaking to facilities managers.
If the cost-of-living crisis isn’t enough of a concern, the last thing any business needs, in addition, is unexpected costs from trying to acquire a gritting or snow removal contractor, covering the price of a preventable accident or having to cease operations due to the site being too dangerous.
Please read our blog: Remember the Five P’s When It Comes to Winter Maintenance Preparation!
2. BOOK A FREE WINTER MAINTENANCE SITE INSPECTION WITH US.
AccuGrit prides itself on being a specialist in providing commercial winter maintenance services, and we live and breathe it all year round.
So, who else is there better to get on your site to help support you in inspecting the grounds for potential wintery hazards than our team of experts – plus, our assessment doesn’t cost you a penny and has no obligations.
If you are interested in discovering more about Accugrit and why we focus solely on winter maintenance services rather than multiple areas of ground maintenance, check out our blog: About AccuGrit, how we got started and the services we provide.
3. CREATE A ROBUST WINTER SERVICE SCHEDULE
We have already hinted at our expertise as winter maintenance contractors, but here are some additional reasons we have gained market-leading status, and our client retention is 100%:
- We are a Technical and Advisory Group (TAG) member of the National Winter Service Research Group (NWSRG), dedicated to advancing understanding of best practices for winter service delivery. Read More Here.
- We have been awarded three ISO Certificates; ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems), and ISO 45001 (Health & Safety Management).
- Our customer survey results are impeccable.
- The AccuGrit team have all passed the City & Guilds Winter Service Operations, Supervision and Monitoring training course.
- We operate with market-leading technology, including weather forecasting. Check out our technology here.
In addition, our reputation has been built on providing reliable and compliant services to help support facilities managers across the nation; therefore, booking your scheduled services with AccuGrit will give you peace of mind all winter, no matter the weather.
We pride ourselves on working in partnership with our clients, so if you want to find out more about our services or book a free site inspection, please get in touch with us today.